Diary of an Equine Mum

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Well It's December - Where Did That Year Go??

Well 24 days to Christmas! I cannot believe that we are in the final month of 2011. Where has this year gone! I have still bought the boys advent calenders and will still give them stockings. I think as long as they are under our roof I will continue with the kiddies Christmas traditions. Is there an age when you should stop?


Billy is 16 on Christmas Eve, so Christmas always brings me special memories as that was when I was in hospital having my first baby. I was the only one in there, two weeks overdue. Pushing and shoving while the midwives had their Christmas party complete with wine and twiglets. I won't go into too much details but my memory of giving birth is seeing baubles and tinsel wrapped round the midwives head! They wouldn't get away with it now, health and safety and all!


So I am off Christmas shopping tomorrow to Ashford. I have whittled the Christmas present list down as it was getting all a bit too much. The boys are now older and the purse has fewer coins in it..... I still have to finalise whats happening over Christmas with family but I will cook a big old bird none the less!


I have posted my boys (when they were little) favourite Christmas video by Raymond Briggs - Father Christmas - watching this brings back lovely memories, so watch and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment