Diary of an Equine Mum

Friday, 14 October 2011

It's Been Two Years......

It was two years yesterday that dad left us. I find dealing with the day of 13th October quite tricky really. It just brings back all those horrible memories of the day he died, as he died so suddenly.
I still think two years on I am still dealing with his death and I don't think this is a very quick process grieving. I have really good days and I have bad ones. Yesterday I was actually ok, but the night before I was very tearful. Grief is such a weird process to go through. I can talk about him here, and be absolutely fine. Then I can see the most ridiculous thing and that's it, I'm now on the sad road again. I got a Welsh Cottage holiday brochure sent through the other day. This made me very tearful opening it and seeing the holiday cottage in Marloes that we stayed with mum and dad in 2008....
Anyway I went to his grave with mum and we put some lovely flowers down there and it was a beautiful day, blue sky and sunshine. I remember so vividly driving down  to the hospital that horrible night and I just knew it was going to be bad, but never dreamt he would die. Dad died on the operating table trying to save him from an aortic aneurysm. There was the most stunning sunset that night, a sunset he would of loved. Little did I know that he had already left us by then....

2 comments:

  1. I have read some of your posts and can identify with many of them. This one particularly struck a chord. My dad died 18 months ago and I don't think I will ever stop grieving. I wrote a tribute on my blog and then couldn't blog again for a long while.
    Thank you for Haynet, it has revived my enthusiasm for blogging and I am now keen to get back to it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jooles - I so know what you have been going through then...as the old saying goes "You never get over it you just learn to live with it" when a loved one dies. So very true...
    Glad you are enjoying Haynet - I love reading what everyone is doing with their horses as I'm so nosey! Look forward to following your posts on hay-net.co.uk

    ReplyDelete