Diary of an Equine Mum

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

More Grand Prix Road Nails Please!

Well I left the farrier this morning (with his new young trainee) with instructions to put more road nails into Zeb's shoes. We have had a major problem with the council resurfacing the roads (which I know is much needed) with a sleek black shiny tarmac. The lanes don't look dissimilar to the Monaco Grand Prix race track! However lovely they look, they are lethal when riding a horse in metal shoes. The horses, including Zeb are slipping badly on this surface, its like riding a horse on roller skates. Anyway we have spoken to the council and they admit there is a problem but financially cannot do anything about it. I do understand, road saftey is paramount for drivers compared I suppose to the small numbers that use them on horses.....I just don't fancy coming off Zeb when he is doing the splits and I'm forward rolling down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment