Diary of an Equine Mum

Saturday, 10 September 2011

All For Such A Great Cause

I had a great night last night with many friends at the charity fashion show. My old business partner Sandra, put on a fashion show all in aid of Cancer Research UK. Most of the models were friends of mine with all ages and sizes which was very refreshing to watch! They were very brave girlies as if that had been me I'm sure I would of had a Naomi Campbell moment with probably a temper to match afterwards!
Luckily there were no accidents and all the models kept upright in their heels and super outfits from Halo. Saw some great clothes for the coming autumn and winter and the hair and make up on the models was fab, again friends of mine who run Black Door Beauty and CoCo Hairdressing. We all had a few tipples and my irish luck on the raffle continued by not winning a thing as usual! On my walk home last night, the Big C word which the night was all about, reminded me of my dear friend Jane who we lost to cancer last year after a very short illness. There was also a friend at the show tonight who has just successfully won a battle over breast cancer. This Big C is a big b*****d of a disease and the fight to remove from all our lives must go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment