Diary of an Equine Mum

Monday, 22 August 2011

Thank God - My Showing Gear Still Fits!

As I am off to do some stressage, sorry I mean dressage next week, I thought I'd better go and dust off the stock, jacket and breeches in the depths of the back of my wardrobe. I haven't been out on the show front for nearly 3 years and have only got back into this year as we now have a school at the yard. My last dressage test was ok but afterwards the kit was lobbed in the back of the wardrobe and forgotten about. Anyway the horror dawned on me this morning that what if it doesn't fit - what size was I three years ago?? Throughout the years I have ranged from a 12-16 pending from my running phase, to Cambridge Diet phase, to eating the biscuit tin phase AND the fact being 40 something does seem to expand the waist line with little control over it. Much relief was had when it all fitted, buttons done up comfortably and stomach contained in the breeches - hurrah! Now all I have to do is ride the test....correctly and most of all calmly!

No comments:

Post a Comment