Diary of an Equine Mum

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Technology Hit Miles!

MY MOBILE PHONE CIRCA 1982!

Poor Miles has had a bad week with his high technology lifestyle. He has broken his laptop again! He has broken the second screen in 6 weeks, the first repair costing £90.00 and now another £90 is needed to fix it again. As if that wasn't bad enough, he went fishing this week and had his Blackberry phone then fell out his pocket and fell in the lake!!
He came back home with a face on and didn't quite know what to do with himself without a mobile phone and a laptop! I told him that the Bank of Mum and Dad is in the middle of the recession so use the land line or write a letter!
I USED TO WRITE MY FRIENDS LOADS OF LETTERS IN MY TEENS!
I told him when I was his age, that's all I had, use of a phone box or land line, or write letters. Do you know what his reply was?! "You were weird!" I had to laugh. Unfortunately I am sounding more like my parents everyday by repeating "when I was your age" but we didn't have the technology that everyone has now and they are lost without it. To be honest, I rely very heavily on this technology - look I'm writing this blog with the use of the internet, before I had a diary and biro! I used love writing letters and recently found some letters in mum and dads attic that my friends had sent me and I had kept them. Its a permanent reminder, texts and web chat isn't. You forget those memories. If I wrote a letter to my friends and didn't text now - yes they would think I'm probably being a bit weird! 
Me and Stephen are still deciding what to do to bring Miles back into his Top Tech lifestyle. The phone is currently in the airing cupboard in a bowl of rice drying out. The laptop is, well still broken but he has got use of an ancient old laptop that it so slow that I couldn't even be bothered with it. We shall see........

No comments:

Post a Comment