Diary of an Equine Mum

Saturday, 6 August 2011

Seagulls First Game @ The Amex








Well I played the very supportive wife and mother today and went along with my boys to the first Brighton & Hove Albion football game in their brand new stadium in Falmer. Stephen has been waiting for this day for so very long as a life long supporter. I must admit, even I got a little lump in my throat with the atmosphere and especially seeing his dad's commemoration stone that we did for him. Stephens dad Ivan took Stephen to watch Brighton play when he was a boy which started his lifelong love for the club. Billy and Miles are now full supporters too. Football is definitely not my cup of tea but the atmosphere was absolutely amazing. A great end was the 2-1 win over Doncaster. Came home shattered but now off to my friends Janets for a birthday party for Peter. I think I might need a glass of something to finish of today!
STEPHEN AND ME WAITING FOR THE TRAIN AT LEWES 

1 comment:

  1. go on Sam, you loved it at the Amex really! Just watched the highlights on TV over here, had the same lump myself - Seagulls!

    ReplyDelete