Diary of an Equine Mum

Saturday, 20 August 2011

Memories Of The Family and Friends In The Garden

LOVELY YELLOW ROSE IN MEMORY OF DEAR JANE
The sun came out this afternoon and I decided to venture into the garden. Some of the plants are on the turn already which is a slow sign that autumn will be knocking on our door soon. I have a little memorial garden which I have planted roses in memory of some dear people that I have lost in my life. My friend Jane died last March after a very short battle with lung cancer which took everyone by shock. I miss her, and still cant quite believe that she is not here anymore. I planted a yellow rose in memory of her and it has been a riot of yellow heads all summer. I planted two roses for my dad who I lost nearly 2 years ago and they have been a disaster!! He was so keen on his gardening - he must be looking down and shaking his head at me. The roses are covered in black spot and I've had about 3 blooms on both plants all summer. I've done everything I can from spraying them, adding manure but nothing and they were pretty poor last year too. I think I'm going to dig them out and replace them next spring.....
I couldn't believe how "my boys" trees have grown. My mum planted a chestnut seed the day Billy was born in 1995 and a pine seed when Miles was born in 1997. Well they are huge now. Here are the pics:
BILLY'S CHESTNUT TREE AGE 15 AND HALF

MILES CHRISTMAS TREE AGE 14 AND 3 WEEKS!
I have also a few raspberry plants that I took from my dad's allotment and they have been brilliant. Now he would be pleased with the fruits of my labour there. My daisies also look lovely and he gave me a pot of them many years ago which I put in the garden which have now spread. Amazing how many memories I have in the garden and I miss these special people every day.....

SUNNY DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment